Monday, October 29, 2012

When I was 17 I wore a bandana tied around my head like Axl Rose


We have been warned that November in Rome was the inspiration for November Rain by Guns& Roses. Because it rains. A lot. And during the month of November, Axl Rose can be found throughout Rome playing the piano, backed by a full orchestra. And Slash may or may not show-up. But if he does, he is so not talking to Axl Rose.

In anticipation of this (the rain, not Slash's guitar solo) , Mike ordered a dryer. I have tried to air-dry our clothes inside, but sometimes we want to wear our clothes, so that doesn't really work. The dryer was ordered. We were told it would arrive in 4-5 days.

A week later, Mike received an e-mail that the dryer would no longer be arriving and that, in fact, we had no longer purchased this dryer, nor could we purchase it even if we wanted to.

Three months prior, this news would have been a 10 on my scale of 1-10 banshee freak-out.

Mike shared the dryer news with me and I laughed.

I think I drank the Kool-Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment